Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Post!

I am not really sure how to start my first blog post....so here it goes...

Today was just one of those days.  I attempted to accomplish far to many things.  I did acutally finish what I set out to do, but not without hiccups!!  Everything is harder with a toddler :)  Somedays I wish there was someone video taping my little man and I, just so at the end of the day I could watch and at least have a good laugh!

The first thing I set out to do was to finally use up the 24 pounds of peaches that we picked last weekend.  After already making peach preserves, coffee cake, cobbler and crisp...time for jam.  This summer has been my first attempt at canning, so far so good!  But since it takes a little bit to see if the jam will actually set, I won't post the recipe until I know if it works!!  Fingers crossed :)

For dinner I tried out a new recipe from Martha Stewart.  I am always looking for new ways to make ground turkey taste delightful.  I made Martha's Turkey Meatballs, really great!!  I was pleasantly surprised, very moist and flavorful!  I served them over thin linguine with a homemade tomato sauce.  They were a hit! 


Turkey Meatballs

1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
salt and pepper
2 jars tomato sauce

In large bowl mix together egg, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.  Add bread crumbs, parmesan, onion and parsley.  Mix together.  Add in turkey, mix.  Form into balls- she recommends 1 1/2 inches each,  I make them around 3 inches.

In large pan coat bottom with a layer of sauce. Over medium heat, place meatballs on sauce.  Cover with more sauce and cook about 10 minutes!

*I layer my meatballs in the pan, just using a thin layer of sauce to seperate them*

Serve over pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese!







 

  





No comments:

Post a Comment